Goombario's Story Goombario's Story

I wish people weren't so prejudiced against sprite animations, because this is better than anything I've seen on this site for a long, long time.

EASTBEAST responds:

Hey man long time no see. I was actually pretty content with the reception of this piece. I think if you put a lot of work into something and keep trying to top yourself the next time, you'll get the proper recognition, whether it is sprited or not. Thanks for the help and advice you gave me back in the day bro. : )

M&L: Ultimate Attack M&L: Ultimate Attack

Very well executed. The animation was well done, and the idea was very humorous. Just a little criticism though: Mario, Luigi, Goombas, Toads, and the Mushroom Kingdom don't reside on Earth. They reside on the Mushroom World. Completely different planet, different moon, different solar system. I think it would've been more accurate and it would sell that sense of immersion into mangling the world of Mario if it actually WAS the world of Mario. Also, neither our Moon or Mario's Moon rotates like that. But overall, well done.

TerminalMontage responds:

Thank you!

Yeah I tried to make my own 'Mushroom World' as you can see, the continents weren't like Earth's. I could only get so many references from the actual Mushroom World, which looked kind of bland in Mario Galaxy so I changed it a little. Then I could blame laziness for just making the rest of the solar system like ours.

Was a Teenage Emo Goomba4 Was a Teenage Emo Goomba4

Nice

It was a good movie. I really liked the plot. Mario trying to find partners :P
I also thougth the Pokemon reference was cool. But I think it could use sound effects. Also, sometimes the scene seemed a bit distorted, like Chompy, round, sometimes seemed elliptical. But all in all, worth the watch :)

EASTBEAST responds:

Yeah I had just found a good paper mario2 sprite of chompy poo right after I did the pokemon scene. Thankyou for watching man, much appreciated.

Road of the Dead Road of the Dead

1:25:76

"We'll be at the safehouse in 5 minutes."
"Good, son, just take care of those people"

THEY LIED TO HIM. Almost made we want to cry :(

Also, I thought the ending of the great escape was unecessary. Sure, the whole tragedy zombie ending and all. But the entire time it seemed like he was going to be able to just narrowly miss the nuke. But you made it to where the zombies were still alive. So there's no point really. They're just going to get him anyway. Very pessimistic.

Great gameplay thought :)